Total Number of permanent Teachers: 9
No of Teachers Completed PDF: 1
Number of Teachers with Ph. D: 5
No. of Teachers with M. Phil: 3
No. of Research papers published in National/International Journals: 49
Number of papers presented in Seminars / Conference: 42
No. of Research Projects Completed: 2
No of M. Sc projects completed in our minor research Lab: 72
Short term objective: To establish a research centre
1. University III Rank for M.Sc Physics in 1998 for Samuel Vargheese. He took Ph.D from Cochin University of Science and Technology and now working at NEST, Ernakulam
2. University II Rank for M. Sc Physics in 1999 for Smitha, now HST in Bangaloore
3. University I Rank for M. Sc Physics in 2001 for Jitty Mathew. She is now working as Assistant Manager, Federal Bank, Mavelikara, Kerala
4. University I Rank for M. Sc Physics in 2005 for Retheesh Kumar. T. He took Ph. D. from the University of Kerala and now Assistant professor at NSS College, Kottiyam, University of Kerala
5. University I Rank for M. Sc Physics in 2007 for Rejeena. I. She has obtained Ph. D from Cochin University of Science and Technology and working as Assistant professor at M. S. M. College, Kayamkulam, University of Kerala.
6. University I Rank for M. Sc Physics in 2016 for Fathima. She has attained Junior Research fellowship of UGC-CSIR. She is now doing Ph.D at Cochin University of Science and Technology.
Functions were arranged at the college to congratulate the rank holders. Personalities such as Dr. R. Ramachandran Nair, Former Vice Chancellor, University of Kerala and Dr. J. Letha, Former Vice Chancellor, Cochin University of Science and Technology were the dignitaries in these functions.
At present the department has eight permanent teaching faculties, one guest faculty and two laboratory staff.
The faculty members have a good number of publications in National/ International journals and are regularly participating and presenting papers in National/ International conferences. All the faculty members are always keen in attending the Orientation and Refresher courses organized by the university from time to time. Dr. S. Bhadrakumari and Dr. D. Sushama had completed one minor project each funded by the UGC. Dr. D. Sushama had completed the Post Doctoral Fellowship at NIT Calicut. All the faculty members are constantly engaged in duties in connection with internal examinations and University Examinations. Sri Anilkumar K. M. is elected the member Board of Studies, University of Kerala on 2013.