DEPT. EMAIL ID: email@example.com
Department of History
With its inception from 1964, History has been one of the important disciplines taught in the college. The department of history of the college has been in the vanguard in promoting critical historical studies. Each year, a number of students from the department are admitted to postgraduate and research courses in various central and state universities. Far from being content with the laurels won in the past, the faculty of the department has constantly been in search of novel ways and means to serve the interests of the students as well as the society at large.
The department seeks to educate students in the complexities of historical inquiry, to develop their critical thinking skills, and to improve their understanding of the world around them.
- BA History
- The Ruffled Times in History: Proceedings of the Fifth International Kerala History Conference, National Book Trust Kottayam, 2018, Eds. Dr.Manoj T R & Dr.Biju R I
- Hosted the Vth International Kerala History Conference from 9th to 11th November 2017 with a Galaxy of Internationally acclaimed Academicians, Historians, Social Scientists, Researchers, Teachers and students from different locales.
- Three Days National Seminar on “Culture as a Site of Struggle: Ideology, Hegemony and Discourse in Colonial Experience” with the financial support of KCHR on 24th, 25th & 26th September 2019.
- Organised Seven Days Online Short Term Course on “History and Social Theory(Interdisciplinary)” in Collaboration with UGC HRDC, University of Kerala from 7th October 2020 to 14th October 2020.
- Organised Archival Exhibition and Colloquium on Recent Trends in History on 23, 24, & 25th January 2012.
- Organised World Coin Expo from 26th and 27th August 2014.
- Prof. Reghunath
- Prof. Krishna Pillai
- Dr. Jamal Muhammed
- Prof. Gabir Rawather
- Prof. Abdul Rahman
- Prof. K. Khan
- Prof. Velayudhan Nair
- Prof. Shaik Ahamed
- Dr.Manoj T R